To make it more flexible and convenient for our users to subscribe to our portfolios, we will explain what Automatic Renewal is and how to set and cancel it below.
Automatic Renewal can be configured when you take out or renew a subscription. When a portfolio expires, the system will automatically redeem and renew this very portfolio with the settlement amount. This design is particularly favored by and suitable for "short-termers". For example, up to 80% of our 7-Day Fixed-Rate subscribers will apply Automatic Renewal so that they don't have to do it manually, allowing interest to roll in non-stop.
As the portfolio kicks off, you're allowed to turn off Automatic Renewal once. Once you've canceled this function, you'll not be able to switch it back on again. You can choose to renew other portfolios or wait until this portfolio expires and redeem it.
Set Automatic Renewal
1. When subscribing to a portfolio, click "Automatically renew this portfolio with the settlement amount (Cancellation can be made anytime during the period)" on the "Set Amount" page. Hit "Next" to proceed with your subscription.
2. Upon successful subscription, go to "Assets". There will be an "Automatic Renewal" red box displayed on the bottom left corner of the portfolio.
Cancel Automatic Renewal (Web)
1. Go to "My Portfolio" on "Assets", select the portfolio and click "More" to better understand the details.
2. After clicking "Cancel", press "Next" to turn off "Automatic Renewal" of this portfolio.
Cancel Automatic Renewal (App)
1. Go to "My Portfolio" on "Assets", select the portfolio that you wish to cancel "Automatic Renewal". Hit "More" and click "..." on the top right corner of this portfolio.
2. After clicking "Cancel", press "Cancel" again on the pop-up to turn off "Automatic Renewal" of this portfolio.